Volunteer Scholarship Award 17-18
The volunteer scholarship award acknowledges the hard-working volunteers of Frontier College at UTSC. October 31st, 2017 marks the closing date of applications for volunteers who have decided to work towards the scholarship, thereby committing to our program for a full academic year.
In September 2017, Frontier College at UTSC launched a scholarship for volunteers who have gone above and beyond with our program. The scholarship is granted annually for students who have displayed volunteer excellence and have remained in our program for a full academic year (Fall 2017 to Winter 2018).
Application can be found here.
Up to two scholarships are available for students who are volunteers for the full academic year while attending the University of Toronto Scarborough campus.
The scholarship value is $500 for both recipients.
- Students must apply for the scholarship by October 31st, 2017. At the end of the Winter 2018 semester, the student must submit a 500-word essay on their volunteer experience.
- Students must be volunteering for the Fall 2017 semester and the Winter 2018 semester. Students are allowed to change their program site for the next semester and still qualify.
All Applicants Should
- Have attended up to 80% of their program sessions (program managers will keep track)
- Have demonstrated excellent leadership skills and involvement in program planning. For example, a volunteer may:
- Collaborate with program managers and create lesson plans
- Assist program managers with lesson plans
- Constantly give feedback to program managers/coordinators
- Help with promoting the campus group
- Attend our social events
- Have strong oral and communication skills
Selection of Winners
Program managers will review applications after October 31st. As the Winter 2018 semester comes to an end, program managers will have decided upon a winner. The scholarship winners will be announced during our Volunteer Appreciation Night, which will be held in late April.